Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director
Founded in 2001 to promote and protect marriage equality in Massachusetts, MassEquality today is the leading statewide grassroots advocacy organization working to ensure that everyone across Massachusetts can thrive from cradle to grave without discrimination and oppression based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
MassEquality is comprised of three entities: 1) MassEquality.org, a 501(c)(4) responsible for lobbying and public policy advocacy; 2) the MassEquality Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) responsible for educational initiatives; and 3) the MassEquality Political Action Committee responsible for electoral endorsements.
MassEquality is looking for an individual with proven financial management experience in the non-profit advocacy sector to provide financial and administrative leadership for the organization’s three legal entities in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Process accounts payable and receivable, deposits, expense reports and reconcile corporate credit card.
- Conduct the monthly close process, including recording of credit card revenue, inter-organization billing, general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Oversee and manage all cash of the organization.
- Assist with organizational budget development and monitoring.
- Lead annual financial audit.
- Manage and execute regular legal filings of each entity.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and financial procedures and address all financial accounting and reporting issues related to GAAP.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and participate in monthly calls with the organizations’ joint finance committee.
- Process payroll, manage employee benefits programs, oversee orientation and exit procedures for employees and consultants, and monitor compliance with state and federal employment laws.
- Oversee physical plant, technology infrastructure and vendor relationships.
- “Can do” attitude, team orientation, highly organized and commitment to justice and equality for all LGBTQ people.
- 3 years minimum financial management experience in a non-profit organization, including demonstrated familiarity with both 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations.
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience with financial audits.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Google platform a plus.
- Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
$60,000 annually, depending on experience, with a competitive benefits package.
Please forward via email a letter of interest, resume and three references to Carly Burton (Carly@MassEquality.org). Please include “Finance and Administration Manager Application” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled.
MassEquality.org is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.